Total Hip Replacement Abroad: Lithuania
|GBP:||2.770 £||from 1.320 £|
|USD:||4.290 $||from 2.065 $|
|EUR:||3.450 €||from 1.650 €|
*According to Lithuanian law regulations a patient pays an additional 21% VAT on the implant. The tax paid is returned to the patient upon coming back to the home country.
TO COMPARE: Average hip replacement price in the UK 9.500 £; price in Ireland 15.900 €; price in the USA from 24.000 $ - 42.000 $
The price includes:
|Our surgeon has performed
hip replacement surgeries
The price includes Zimmer, DePuy and other highest quality implants. The type of implants depends on each individual case. It will be discussed after review of your medical documentation by a surgeon.
After being discharged from the clinic it is highly recommended to go through the physiotherapy course in one of the best rehabilitation centres in Lithuania. The centre is located in the seaside resort called Palanga. The rehabilitation centre has more than 20 years of experience working with people after various surgeries and injuries. The staff in the rehabilitation centre speaks Russian and English.
- personalized rehabilitation course
- room with TV and private bathroom
- three meals a day
- all medication needed
- transportation to/from the rehabilitation centre
- More than 10 years working experience
- Over 1000 joint replacement surgeries performed
- Fluent in English
- President of Lithuanian Society of Orthopaedics and Traumatology
- Training abroad: Sweden, Switzerland, Germany, Austria
- Read more about the surgeon
- Experienced surgeons
- Our clinic works with highly professional and educated surgeons. They have 10-20 years of experience in the field of orthopaedic surgery. They each perform 500 surgeries per year. Our surgeons are board-certified in the UK. Moreover, our surgeons are members of various prestigious surgical societies both Lithuanian and international. Find more information about our surgeons here.
- Modern clinic
- The clinic is equipped with modern diagnostic and surgical facilities, all analogous to those in Western European clinics. You will be looked after by professional English speaking staff.
The wards are fully furnished and equipped with TV, WC and air conditioning. Free Wi-Fi is available while staying in the clinic.
- One of the biggest surgical centres in the Baltics
- Our clinic is one of the biggest surgical centres in the Baltic region. We work with patients from various countries, among which Great Britain, Norway, Sweden, Denmark, Germany, Switzerland, etc.
Despite the size of the clinic we provide our patients with personal care and assistance. The majority of big public hospitals due to high volume of patients do not have enough resources and medical personnel to pay personal attention to each patient. Whereas we are fully focused on providing exceptional care and undivided attention for our patients.
Without any additional fees patients are tended in the clinic as long as they need. We only discharge our patients from the clinic when they are in a good health state and ready to leave.
- Half the price
- All inclusive price, which is twice lower than in Western European clinics.
Our clinic works with medical professionals of highest education and experience level and uses the same materials as the clinics in Western Europe. More often than not, the quality of our clinic‘s facilities exceed the ones in Western European clinics.
The price difference is only due to considerably lower average salaries and taxes - which is the main reason for medical travel everywhere around the world.
- 24/7 personal assistance
- During your entire stay in Lithuania you will receive personal care as well as transport to and from the clinic, hotel, and airport. You will not have to worry about a thing. You will be assisted from the moment of plane landing in Vilnius or Kaunas airport till your departure.
- Flexible date-wise
- Our clinic is flexible date-wise and can usually arrange your surgery on the date convenient for you.
- All English speaking staff
- Everyone in our clinic speaks English, including customer service desk, nurses, assistants and the surgeon.
- We speak in 8 languages
- Our clinic is the only clinic in Europe that offers customer service in 8 languages, among which English, Norwegian, Swedish, Danish, German, Spanish, Russian, and Lithuanian.
- Testimonials from former patients
- We can give you lots of testimonials from our previous patients that had orthopaedic surgery in our clinic. They can tell you their stories and help you make a decision.
- Direct flights
- 2-3 hour regular flights operate from all main airports in the UK & Ireland. Lithuania is closer than you thought. You can find the list of direct flights here. Please note that airlines constantly add new flights and new destinations, therefore feel free to contact us if you need help choosing the flight that suits you best.
- Credibility of country
- Lithuania has been a part of the EU and NATO since 2004. Lithuania has one of the fastest growing economies in the whole region and the second fastest internet speed in the world. Lithuanian medical schools have trained many medical professionals who are highly appreciated and employed by many foreign hospitals, among which hospitals in the UK.
Hip replacement surgery is necessary when cartilage is severely damaged, smooth surface is lost and the bone is left exposed due to the inflammation of the joint. As cartilage wears off patient suffers from extremely intense pain and discomfort which limits the range of motion making it difficult to walk, take stairs and perform regular activities.
Hip replacement is seen as highly effective solution to fix physical joint damage when physical therapy or other non-surgical methods do not help.
The hip joint is constructed of two bones, the head of femur (thigh bone) and the acetabulum (the socket). It is a ball and socket joint. The ball of the joint is made of the lump placed at the end of the thigh bone, commonly referred to as femoral head. It fits the circle socket of the pelvis, forming a strong and highly flexible construction that supports person's weight and allows him to move easily without any pain or friction.
The socket and the femoral head are covered with articular cartilage, a smooth cushioning material.
The femur is connected to the pelvis with ligaments whereas muscles that surround the hip joint are linked with bones through tendons. The whole hip joint is enclosed in a synovial membrane which generates fluid that provide the joint with nutrients.
Hip replacement surgery is a procedure when femoral head and the socket are replaced with prosthetic. Surgeon selects a model, materials and size of the implant according to each individual case.
The surgery is divided into two parts. At first, acetabulum (the socket) is prepared. Surgeon removes impaired cartilage and bone, then blood and fat is cleaned and the area is dried. Afterwards cement, (if it is used) is put in the bone and implant (acetabular cap, also called acetabular shell) is inserted.
The second part of the surgery involves femoral preparation during which surgeon removes the femoral head and makes a passage. When the area is cleaned and dried, 2 implants are inserted. Firstly, femoral stem implant and then the ball (femoral head) which is placed on the top of femoral stem. It can be done either using cement or without it, in this case implants are forced firmly into the hollow centre of the femur. As all the implants are inserted, the ball is put into the socket and the hip joint prosthesis is stabilised and secured.
Hip replacement surgeries have very high success ratio and can return high comfort of movement. Immediately after the surgery patient feels great pain relief.
For about 2 months you are not allowed to put weight on the hip, it means that you will have to use crutches. When the pain relieves and you are able to move more or less independently you will have to do exercises assigned by the physician. Rehabilitation usually takes 6 months. Read more reabilitation after hip surgery in Lithuania
Although the price was a very important factor for me, I did really want to know about the surgeon beforehand as well and I did find all of his qualifications on the clinic's website. Dr. Tarasevicius did a fenomenal job and the result is just what I had only been able to dream about. Now it has come to reality. Thank you so much for your care!