Price in GBP
Price in EUR
Why do you need rehabilitation after orthopaedic surgery?
One of the most important factors for a quick and full recovery after joint replacement or ligament surgery is proper rehabilitation. Therefore, after being discharged from the clinic it is highly recommended to undergo a physiotherapy course in one of the best rehabilitation centres in Lithuania.
The minimum recommended length of rehabilitation is 4-10 days.
Rehabilitation helps recover after surgery as well as prevents formation of blood clots and helps avoid most of the postoperative complications and side effects.
The rehabilitation centre is located in Kaunas. It is equipped with modern facilities. It is led by a Professor in kinesitherapy Laimonas Šiupšinskas, who is offering professional rehabilitation to patients after a wide range of orthopaedic surgeries and who is working with Lithuania’s most important national sports teams and has brought many athletes back to professional life after trauma and surgery.
An individual rehabilitation program is tailored to each patient depending on the type of surgery, general patient‘s well-being, health status and other relevant factors.
During the recovery period a patient would travel from their accommodation to the rehabilitation centre every day for one 1 hour physiotherapy session.
Physiotherapist Prof. Laimonas Siupsinskas
- Individual rehabilitation programs are prepared by Prof. Laimonas Siupsinkas;
- He is a kinesiologist with over 20 years of experience and also a physiotherapist for Lithuanian Men’s National Basketball Team
- Specializes in: post-traumatic and postoperative physiotherapy, sport injuries, spinal diseases, joint contractures;
- Member of Lithuanian federation of sport medicine;
- Co-author of the book “Sports Injuries: Diagnosis, Treatment, Rehabilitation and Prevention”.
Outpatient physiotherapy with clinic's accommodation with medical care
Patient would stay at our self-catered accommodation with medical care and we would take them to the clinic for 1 hour long daily individual physiotherapy sessions.
The package includes your self-catered accommodation (it has 1 double bed), consultations, physiotherapy and occupational therapy as well as all related transfers to the patient.
An individual programme is always tailored to a single patient after a consultation, but it does offer the following:
- Patient consultation for an individual regime as well as written instructions on safe postoperative behaviour in clinic accommodation
- Supervised individual physio exercise sessions
- Hotel exercise programme for the patient to perform individually after the sessions
- Postoperative surgical site care & medication supervision
- GameReady cold and compression therapy (cryotherapy and compression)
- Electrical muscle stimulation
- Physio “homework” programme to bring back home
- Continuous passive motion therapy (CPM) for passive knee and hip movement
- Massages (charged additionally, 30-60 €)
- An initial consultation is aimed at examining the patient’s overall state, physical abilities, expectations and needs.
- Afterwards a physiotherapist creates an individual rehabilitation plan for each patient.