Dear patients and members of the Nordorthopaedics community,
We would like to let you know that new regulations were approved for people traveling to Lithuania from foreign countries. These regulations are valid for everyone traveling to Lithuania from August 18 onwards.
Here is what you need to know:
If the number of new COVID-19 cases per 100.000 residents in your country in the last 14 days is:
1) Less than 71, then patients can travel to Lithuania and the clinic without any restrictions.
3) More than 71, then:
- Residents of such countries are now allowed to travel to Lithuania (this regulation applies only for patients from Switzerland and countries of European Economic Area).
- Previously, a special permission from the Lithuanian government was needed, but not anymore.
- COVID-19 tests in Lithuania before surgery will remain obligatory to all the patients of our clinic to ensure their safety. We are making sure that you have not caught the virus while flying, traveling to the clinic.
- A 14-day quarantine upon arrival is compulsory by Lithuanian law.
- There is a possibility to change your location of self-isolation (from hotel to clinic and others) while in Lithuania and your customer service representative will do that for you (fill out all the forms needed)
- Travelers from abroad who have to self-isolate upon arrival are permitted to move within 1 km from their self-isolation site, meaning they can go outside and be in open air, but must avoid crowds, any public gatherings, shops, cafes or restaurants, etc.
- You (or your partner) will be able to fly back to your home and will not need to stay for the whole 14 days in Lithuania. This is the maximum time needed for self-isolation, but patients can fly back home, for example, after 7 days.
Below are the numbers of new COVID-19 cases per 100.000 residents in the last 14 days. We update this table a few times per week. To see the very latest data for your country, follow this link.