Achilles Tendon Repair Surgery Abroad
|Achilles tendon rupture
|prices in GBP:||from 1.270 £|
|prices in USD:||from 2.140 $|
|prices in EUR:||from 1.600 €|
TO COMPARE: Average achilles tendon repair price in the UK 7.400 £; price in Ireland 7.600 €; price in the USA 26.000 $.
The price includes:
- More than 10 years working experience
- 500 surgeries per year
- Fluent in English
- UK General Medical Council certificate
- Training abroad: the USA, Hungary, Spain, Germany, Sweden, France, Germany
- Read more about the surgeon
- Experienced surgeons
- Our clinic works with highly professional and educated surgeons. They have 10-20 years of experience in the field of orthopaedic surgery. They each perform 500 surgeries per year. Our surgeons are board-certified in the UK. Moreover, our surgeons are members of various prestigious surgical societies both Lithuanian and international. Find more information about our surgeons here.
- Modern clinic
- The clinic is equipped with modern diagnostic and surgical facilities, all analogous to those in Western European clinics. You will be looked after by professional English speaking staff.
The wards are fully furnished and equipped with TV, WC and air conditioning. Free Wi-Fi is available while staying in the clinic.
- One of the biggest surgical centres in the Baltics
- Our clinic is one of the biggest surgical centres in the Baltic region. We work with patients from various countries, among which Great Britain, Norway, Sweden, Denmark, Germany, Switzerland, etc.
Despite the size of the clinic we provide our patients with personal care and assistance. The majority of big public hospitals due to high volume of patients do not have enough resources and medical personnel to pay personal attention to each patient. Whereas we are fully focused on providing exceptional care and undivided attention for our patients.
Without any additional fees patients are tended in the clinic as long as they need. We only discharge our patients from the clinic when they are in a good health state and ready to leave.
- Half the price
- All inclusive price, which is twice lower than in Western European clinics.
Our clinic works with medical professionals of highest education and experience level and uses the same materials as the clinics in Western Europe. More often than not, the quality of our clinic‘s facilities exceed the ones in Western European clinics.
The price difference is only due to considerably lower average salaries and taxes - which is the main reason for medical travel everywhere around the world.
- 24/7 personal assistance
- During your entire stay in Lithuania you will receive personal care as well as transport to and from the clinic, hotel, and airport. You will not have to worry about a thing. You will be assisted from the moment of plane landing in Vilnius or Kaunas airport till your departure.
- Flexible date-wise
- Our clinic is flexible date-wise and can usually arrange your surgery on the date convenient for you.
- All English speaking staff
- Everyone in our clinic speaks English, including customer service desk, nurses, assistants and the surgeon.
- We speak in 8 languages
- Our clinic is the only clinic in Europe that offers customer service in 8 languages, among which English, Norwegian, Swedish, Danish, German, Spanish, Russian, and Lithuanian.
- Testimonials from former patients
- We can give you lots of testimonials from our previous patients that had orthopaedic surgery in our clinic. They can tell you their stories and help you make a decision.
- Direct flights
- 2-3 hour regular flights operate from all main airports in the UK & Ireland. Lithuania is closer than you thought. You can find the list of direct flights here. Please note that airlines constantly add new flights and new destinations, therefore feel free to contact us if you need help choosing the flight that suits you best.
- Credibility of country
- Lithuania has been a part of the EU and NATO since 2004. Lithuania has one of the fastest growing economies in the whole region and the second fastest internet speed in the world. Lithuanian medical schools have trained many medical professionals who are highly appreciated and employed by many foreign hospitals, among which hospitals in the UK.
Achilles tendon is a strong tissue that connects the muscle of the calf with the back of the heel bone. Achilles tendon is essential for walking, jumping, running and extending the leg.
The surgery is performed when Achilles tendon is torn into two pieces. Such tendon tear is common in sports which require constant running, jumping and sudden stops and turns, for instance in basketball, tennis, football or jogging.
Ruptured tendon may be treated without surgery but it was observed that with non-surgical treatment the full muscle and tendon strength cannot be fully restored because Achilles tendon rips in irregular way and the calf muscle pulls the tendon towards itself whereas the end of the torn tendon is drawn back into the leg.
That is to say, tendon stretches out and cannot function well because the strength of the muscle depends on the right tension between the tendon and the muscle. If the tendon gets fully retracted then achilles tendon repair surgery becomes the only efficient solution.
There are two types of surgeries to treat achilles tendon rupture. The first method is open surgery during which a large incision is made in the back of the leg. The second technique is arthroscopic.
Recently open surgery is getting more and more criticism as the risk of the skin infection is rather high compared to the new, arthroscopic method which requires a few minimal incisions instead of one large. Through the incisions surgeon inserts medical instruments and arthroscope which a tiny viewing tool and stitches Achilles tendon together. Such surgery is believed to be more accurate and easier as the possibility of complications is significantly lower.
During the first week patient should not to place any weight on the leg thus no walking is allowed. However, later on walking in removable boots is encouraged instead of wearing a leg cast which weakens the muscle. Physical therapy is extremely important for the full recovery thus patient has to follow rehabilitation programme carefully. Read more about rehabilitation after tendon repair in Lithuania
I had a torn Achilles tendon and needed fast access to surgical assistance since Swedish general hospitals do not operate these injuries any more. To achieve good results a ruptured tendon needs to be operated as soon as possible (2-5 days). In my case Nordorthopaedics was the only caregiver I found that could provide an operation within this time limit. Nordorthopaedics provided fast professional assistance with a personal touch. I felt they both listened to my input as patient and provided a qualified independent assessment.